Update November 06, 2014: Added an immature male and a mature male at the bottom of the page:
These three male Caribbean Darners Triacanthagyna caribbea were found at new sites in the Lower Rio Grande Valley, south Texas in early October 2008:
1) from the Resaca Trail at Sabal Palm Audubon Sanctuary, Cameron county on October 08:
2) from the Resaca Trail at Sabal Palm Audubon Sanctuary, Cameron county on October 08:
3) from the far end of the Resaca Viejo Trail at Bentsen State Park WBC, Hidalgo county on October 09:
- note above the dark S10, and below the color in the wings plus the blue spot on the upper-rear corner of the thorax, ahead of the broad brown stripe along the suture with S1:
- note above the bent tip to the right cerci.
Update November 06, 2014: This immature male and mature male were in the woods at Sabal Palm Audubon Sanctuary, Brownsville, Cameron county, Texas on October 30, 2014: